Now that the Chicago Cubs are the reigning World Series champs, it might be harder to snag a good seat, but you can typically get a game-day ticket in the bleachers. Even if you can’t make a game, take a tour of Wrigley Field. Built in 1914, this must-see Chicago attraction houses more than 100
To pick these holes of fame, we opted to stay within a 50-mile radius of our offices in the World Trade Center. Like any good All-Star team, we couldn’t have just pitchers and catchers, so we picked our favorite first hole, our favorite second and so on, but no more than one hole per course.
Virtual golf design met the real thing in mid-July at Sand Valley Golf Resort in central Wisconsin. Brian Silvernail, winner of Golf Digest’s 2016 Armchair Architect contest, spent a weekend consulting with golf architect David McLay Kidd on the site of the resort’s second 18, Mammoth Dunes, now under construction. Silvernail’s winning design, selected last
The Golden Age of golf design gets a showcase with a foursome of fabulous Southern California courses hosting three important events in August and September. First up Aug. 7-13 is the U.S. Women’s Amateur at San Diego Country Club in Chula Vista, a 1921 Willie Watson layout whose undulating fairways could put a Scottish links
Royal Birkdale gets its 10th Open Championship July 20-23, nine years after 500-to-1 shot Greg Norman, then 53, held a one-stroke lead with nine to play before a 77 opened the way for Padraig Harrington’s second of three major championships. Harrington’s final-round 69 was one of only 21 rounds in the 60s all week, versus
If you don’t have much downtime to spare between rounds, make exploring the town of Palm Beach a priority. Just three blocks wide and 13 miles long, you can hit the hot spots in a few hours and even have time for a swim or stroll on the town’s tidy Municipal Beach, which is just a
Where To Play Golf In Palm Beach – Golf Digest Destination Guide: Palm Beach You’d think an area known for its Bentleys and billionaires would be too pricy for a golf getaway, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Yes, there are many exclusive private clubs in Palm Beach, but there are far more
Where to Play Golf in Charleston, South Carolina – Golf Digest Destination Guide: Charleston Charleston is a great fit for golfing families, couples and buddies. If you’re looking for resort-based golf, where your choice for the day is what designer course to play, Kiawah and Wild Dunes fit the bill with seven courses between them. For
Never mind all the city attractions if you’re packing your days with golf: There are so many great places to eat and drink in Charleston that indulging your taste buds could be a full-time diversion. Start your evening round with a rooftop cocktail. Long before the al-fresco-bar-craze-with-a- view hit the nation, The Rooftop Bar
(1) The Stanwich Club (pictured above), Greenwich ≈ (2) C.C. Of Fairfield (3) The Course At Yale, New Haven ≈ (5) Wee Burn C.C., Darien (New) Tamarack C.C., Greenwich (4) Lake Of Isles G.C. (South), North Stonington (9) Bull’s Bridge G.C., South Kent (6) Round Hill Club, Greenwich (New) Brooklawn C.C., Fairfield (8) Hartford G.C.
(1) Castle Pines G.C. (pictured above), Castle Rock • (2) Ballyneal G.C., Holyoke • (3) Cherry Hills C.C., Cherry Hills Village • (4) Colorado G.C., Parker ≈ (5) Sanctuary, Sedalia ≈ (6) The Broadmoor G.C. (East), Colorado Springs ≈^ (7) Maroon Creek Club, Aspen (10) Roaring Fork Club, Basalt (14) Red Sky Ranch & G.C.
(1) Shoal Creek (pictured above) ≈ (2) C.C. of Birmingham (West) ≈ (3) The Ledges C.C., Huntsville (7) Turtle Point Yacht & C.C., Killen (New) Kiva Dunes G. Cse., Gulf Shores ★ (4) Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail At Capitol Hill (Judge), Prattville ★ (6) Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail At Grand National (Links), Opelika
(2) Anchorage G. Cse.(pictured above) (1) Moose Run G. Cse. (Creek), Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson ★ KEY TO SYMBOLS(2015-’16 ranking in parentheses)• America’s 100 Greatest Course≈ America’s Second 100 Greatest^ America’s 100 Greatest Public Course★ Other public-access course Some courses are ranked in Best in State but did not receive enough ballots to be considered for
(1) The Estancia Club (6th hole pictured above), Scottsdale • (2) Forest Highlands G.C. (Canyon,) Flagstaff ≈ (4) The Stone Canyon Club, Oro Valley ≈ (3) Whisper Rock G.C. (Upper), Scottsdale ≈ (6) Whisper Rock G.C. (Lower), Scottsdale ≈ (5) Pine Canyon Club, Flagstaff (7) Desert Highlands G.C., Scottsdale ≈ (8) Forest Highlands G.C. (Meadow),
(1) The Alotian Club (14th hole pictured above), Roland • (2) Blessings G.C., Fayetteville (3) Diamante G.C., Hot Springs Village (4) The C.C. Of Little Rock, Little Rock (5) Texarkana C.C. (6) Pinnacle C.C., Rogers (9) Chenal C.C. (Bear Den Mountain), Little Rock (8) Chenal C.C. (Founders), Little Rock (10) Hardscrabble C.C., Fort Smith (7)